Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Easy Dinner

I am going to start blogging about different recipes that I love because:
1. I would like to remember them
2. You should try them ;)


Okay so, last night I got home from work around 5:15pm and we had somewhere to be at 6:30pm. I asked Chris what he wanted for dinner and he suggested beans and cottage cheese. Needless to say, I decided to try something that I thought would be quick, easy and not disgusting.

I remember a few weeks ago watching this video on how to make Chicken Parmesan with croutons.

http://allrecipes.com/video/311/easy-chicken-parmesan-bake/

I was skeptical, but I tried it. The croutons burnt on the top and I wasn't very satisfied with the outcome.

Last night, this video was the first thing that popped into my head. I decided to try the recipe again - from memory, haha. It was so easy and tasted really fantastic. I didn't have croutons, so I substituted with breadcrumbs. I made some corn and some garlic bread (aka a piece of wheat bread with butter and garlic salt ;) ) and it was a full dinner!

Here's what I did - It's so easy.


Here is what you'll need to make a meal for 4:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
4 chicken breasts
3 cups tomato based pasta sauce (I used a sauce with mushrooms and garlic in the mix)
2 cups mozzarella cheese (use more if necessary)
garlic salt, basil, Italian seasoning of choice
salt & pepper
breadcrumbs

Preheat the Oven to 375

1. Take a small casserole dish (size obv. depends on how much you want) and put about 2 tbs of olive oil in the bottom. 
2. Take the chicken breasts and salt and pepper them before placing in the dish.
3. Sprinkle on some garlic salt and basil to taste. 
4. Cover the chicken with the pasta sauce.
5. Cover the pasta sauce with half the mozzarella cheese until it's mostly covered.
6. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the cheese.
7. Pour the rest of the sauce on top
8. Cover with the rest of the cheese
9. Cover the whole thing in breadcrumbs!
10. Cover the dish with foil and put in the oven for 30 minutes.

It was DELICIOUS only took 10 minutes to prepare. I will def be making this dish over and over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself.
What you say is completely up to you.



- A Wrinkle in Time