Monday, December 19, 2011

December

A lot has happened...

Last week Christopherson and I bought our first car! It was so scary. I've looked for a really long time and we finally had the time to go and look. We were not expecting to buy the car that night - but the dealer had different plans, haha. It was a good deal and my dad helped talk the price down (thank GOD he was there). So we are now the proud owners of a 2003 Toyota Corolla! It's stick shift...Chris LOVES it and I am TERRIFIED of it. I drove the car from Walgreens home one night and was panicking the entire time. Chris will be driving the car to work every day so he is thrilled to finally have a car to himself. :)

I've had the best time decorating for Christmas! At the beginning of the month, we went to Pikes and picked out our first Christmas tree as marrieds :).  We got home, made apple cider, turned on Christmas Pandora and decorated away! Bengal even helped. And by help, I mean helped undecorate and sat on the counter. I'm really excited for Christmas - Chris is going to LOVE his presents. :)

I am still looking for a job, but am having a really good time at my internship. I just need to be patient!

We aren't buying groceries this month so dinners have been really interesting. I've made baked spaghetti, various baked chicken dishes, tuna casserole a few times (which is actually pretty good and REALLY easy) and last night I made salmon patties. We have food, we just need to use it all before going to the grocery store and wasting money. We'll just see how long we last. So far, all we've bought this month is milk and bread...which I feel like is pretty essential.

I've started looking online at houses but I'm sure we won't buy one for a few more years. It's just fun to look and see what's out there.

Married life is still fantastic. We have the best time. I am so thankful for such a wonderful, loving (and handsome!) husband. :)
We visited Passion City Church a few weeks ago. It's a pretty cool church. Chris Tomlin is the worship leader...it blows my mind. They kept saying Chris Tomlin this, Chris Tomlin that...and I was thinking...that CAN'T be the actual Chris Tomlin. I pulled out my phone and google image searched him and sure enough...it was the actual Chris Tomlin! The people behind me laughed when they saw me pull up a picture of him. So then OF COURSE I had to take a picture.



Side note: If you have glasses and know your presciption, please do yourself a favor and go to Zennioptical.com. Cheapest glasses (mine were $6.95!) and they are so cute. I got mine a few days ago and haven't wanted to wear my contacts because my glasses rock. See how happy I am in the picture?! You really don't have much to lose...I mean it's either spend $300 on a pair of glasses or try the cheap ones first! If they don't work, then return them and go ahead and get the expensive ones! I feel like I work for this company because I advertise for them so much, haha.

I haven't been as good at blogging as I wanted to be. Maybe it's because I have poor writing skills and my posts are all random jabbling. Jabbling is not a word, but you get my point. I will continue to try.

1 comment:

  1. liz. this is great. i love your short hair, your posts, and especially, your cat. and that is crazy about Chris Tomlin. congrats on the car! I hope you learn to make friends with it soon.

    ReplyDelete

You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself.
What you say is completely up to you.



- A Wrinkle in Time